Monday, August 24, 2009

Another Session Ended

Well, after a long-winded, yet surprisingly well-accepted, research paper on why Global Warming is bullshit and an extremely in-depth Final Exam on the intricacies of Microsoft Excel, another half-semester has ended for me at school.

Although it's a relief to be done, there's that interim week that makes you feel like you have absolutely nothing to do.  Usually, I have a dozen things on my mind relating school and work.  I have to balance the amount of miles I drive per day with how much time I need to work on a project or simply to check in with my class discussions.  Now, with a week off until my next session starts, I almost feel lazy.

I'm heading home today for a well-deserved week off.  We're going up to the northern part of the state where my in-laws have a tiny weekend place on the ocean.  We're dropping the kids of there and heading to the Best Western.  We rarely get away on our own, so I figured $130 a night was worth it.  My wife wants to go to some joint called Boston Pizza, which is sacrilege to me, since it's a Canadian company.  We're also going to see Inglourious Basterds Saturday night.

But I can't help feeling like I have nothing to accomplish this week.  I've already busted out the books for my next school session to read over some of the introductory things we'll be doing. 

I used to get a knot in my stomach at the thought of taking classes full-time while working the same, but, now that I'm well-entrenched, I can hardly imagine life without such a full schedule.  It's going to be one hell of a shock to me to finally climb down the steps from this truck and waltz into a normal life.  Fortunately, I plan on moving ahead with my Masters.  I hope I don't turn into Pauly Shore from Son In Law and end up taking classes for the rest of my life.  Whoever knew that college could be a crutch?

I suppose I'll get through it.  Every time I grind out two of these courses, I know there are two more waiting in the wings.  One day, though, it'll have to stop.  Do they have rehab for graduate degrees?  Yikes.

Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: