Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Been quite a while...

Okay, so I haven't written in quite some time. In fact, this is my first posting for this year. There has been little outcry from what I can see on the news, so I guess everyone did alright without my gibberish.

I have had a lot of things going on lately; most of it I cannot talk about just yet. Certain people deserve the right to know before I post it on an open forum such as this.

However, I will try to throw a few things up occasionally to try to quench your insatiable thirst for horse shit.

Anyway, I was watching a clip on CNN today about that girl who hit the toll booth in southern California a few years back. Unless you've been sleeping under a rock for a while, you have seen the horrific pictures on the internet. Her parents, it seems, want them all taken down and have hired a lawyer to help get it done. Fine, great. I can understand where they are coming from.

What I have a problem with, however, is the fact that they're allowing the news to re-exploit this entire ordeal. Those pictures have been up forever and everyone has seen them. In fact, most people have, if not forgotten about them, at least let them die away. The parents should be pleased that their little girl is no longer plastered all over the internet on a daily basis. What did they think was going to happen when they took this story public? I guarantee that most of the sites that cater to that sort of entertainment will be more than happy to repost them on their front pages. Why not? Every time somebody that hasn't seen them punches that girl's name into Google, their site might get a hit from it.

I suppose some people just don't have the foresight that I have.

No comments: