Friday, May 8, 2009

On Cowardice

I have always prided myself on having courage. Like many boys, it took me years to start standing up for myself. I got pushed around many times in school. One day, I pushed back. Now, I do the pushing.

No, I'm not a bully. Not in the everyday sense at least. I am pushy, though. When we moved into our current place, I pushed the landlord around until I got what I wanted. I got a phone line put in. I got cable run in. I even got a fence built. Most of it wasn't his responsibility. But my backbone just happened to be thicker than his, so he did what I asked.

Being this way, I despise people who lack courage or even a general sense of standing up to another.

I was recently attacked by someone who misconstrued something I had written. When I had explained the basis of my writing and that he had been wrong to accuse me, he didn't even acknowledge it. Then, in an unrelated incident, he had some other writing of mine removed because someone else took it the wrong way. Is it my fault that people are sensitive? Should I change my outlook to suit weaker versions of men?

After these two incidents, I sought conference with this man. Both through email and telephonically. No response. Why? Because he's a fucking coward. He read my email and knew he couldn't compete. Why not, doctor? All that education left you with zero ability to have a verbal row with a lowly truck driver? I find the irony here just aglow. You can put all the letters you want behind your name; and maybe that makes you somebody. But you'll never forget the time a gear-jamming asshole out-smarted and out-reasoned you multiple times in one day. You'll also never forget the dick-shrivelling feeling that such knowledge gave you. You're not a man. You're just a fucking chump.

You're my bitch now, mother fucker.

No comments: